"Feel free to make this one again anytime mum" .. was my children's response to this dish. Tasty and easy using up whatever vegetables you have lurking in the kitchen.
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 medium Onion, chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 2 cups Assorted vegetables (zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms, carrots, capsicum etc), chopped
- 1/2 cup Red Lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 x 400g cans Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tsp Dried Italian Herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme, sage etc)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup Tomato Paste
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- Black Pepper
- 1 1/2 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 handfuls Baby Spinach, optional
- 2 cups Dried Pasta
- Dairy Free Pesto or Cashew Sour Cream, for serving (click recipe below for sour cream)
Heat the oil in a large heavy, bottomed pot. Add onion and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
Add vegetables, then lentils, tomatoes, herbs, salt, stock, tomato paste and pasta. Combine well and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir occasionally.
Add black pepper, more salt if needed. Stir in nutritional yeast and spinach (if using).
Serve with dairy free pesto or cashew sour cream (see link below for recipe).
- Click here for Cashew Sour Cream recipe