- 1 cup Red Lentils, washed
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock, or water
- 2 medium Potatoes, halved length ways and sliced into 1cm pieces
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 5 cloves Garlic, pressed (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 Lemon, zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon, juice
- 1 tbsp Tamari Sauce
- Salt / Pepper, seasoning
- Couple handfuls Baby kale or spinach
- Handful Fresh herbs, for serving
- Loaf Crusty Fresh Bread, for serving
To wash lentils, swirl them around in a pot of water. Sieve and repeat until water comes clean.
Put lentils, stock and potatoes in large pot and bring to boil. Spoon off any froth and reduce to a simmer.
Add ginger and garlic. Cook for about 15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
Mix in lemon zest, lemon juice, tamari and greens. Cook until greens are wilted (soft).
Season with salt and pepper and another splash of tamari if required. Top with fresh herbs from garden and a side of crusty bread.